The Kamptal observation point on the famous Heiligenstein location was built in 1897 by the Austrian Tourist Club and is maintained to this day by its volunteers. You can reach it from Zöbing through a half-hour hike through forests and terraced vineyards (Trail 65). It is located 351 m above sea level and offers a beautiful view over Kamptal and the wine town of Langenlois. On nice days, the view extends to Ötscher and Schneeberg.
On beautiful weekends and holidays from May to October the room each afternoon by officials section of Kamp of the Austrian tourist Club for visitors opened, where you then also a glass of wine or a G’ injected can enjoy.
The rest of the time you get a key for access to the observation point at the following establishments:
• Tourist Office Ursin Haus (Langenlois, Kamptalstraße 3)
• Gasthaus zum Fiakerwrt (Langenlois, Holzplatz 7)
• Gasthaus Gutmann (Zöbing, Heiligensteinstraße 32)
• Heiligensteinerhof Fam. Jager (Zöbing, Marktplatz 15)
• Eisenbock’s Strasserhof (Straß, Marktplatz)
Entrance: 1 EUR per person